Wilmington, Delaware, United States, June 09, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The global dental 3D printing market is expected to register a CAGR of around 9% from 2023 to 2031. By the end of the said forecast period, a valuation of US$ 2.9 billion is expected for the market. As of 2023, a valuation of over US$ 1.4 billion is expected as per the study. As the healthcare industry experiences major technological disruptions, the adoption of 3D printing is rising across a number of application areas, including dentistry.
3D printing, or additive manufacturing (AM), has become a fixture in dental offices and practices around the world. Dental 3D printing creates dental parts for dentists as tools or fixtures to print parts and for patients to use. These parts can range from models of teeth and dental aligners to full sets of dentures.
For Insights on Global, Regional, and Country-Level Parameters with Growth Opportunities By 2031 – Download a Sample Report!
In the past, dental providers used scans, radiology, and teeth molds to obtain accurate images of patients’ teeth. These images were then used to construct special, tailored implants for the patient. With 3D printing, dental providers can create implants that are more specialized, enabling treatment of patients more rapidly.
Dental 3D printing materials are designed specifically for biocompatibility, aesthetics, and safety in dental applications. Certain resins are explicitly used for anatomical models and replicas (referred to as model resins). Others are designed for implants (draft and castable resins). Additionally, there are resins that are used for creating temporary dental appliances, resins that print clear for use in creating mouth guards, and resins that resemble gingiva for use with dental implants.
Key Takeaways from the Market Study
- In 2022, the global market for dental 3D printing was valued at over US$ 1.3 billion
- The dental 3D printing market is likely to expand 2x from 2023 to 2031
- By technology, selective laser sintering accounted for nearly 40% of the global market revenue in 2022
- Dental implants are expected to be the key application area, accounting for over 1/3rd of all revenues
- Photopolymer-based dental 3D printing is anticipated to remain highly sought after
- Over 50% of all dental 3D printers are expected to be deployed in dental clinics & labs
Your Research, Your Way: Customized Solutions at Your Fingertips
Dental 3D Printing Market: Prominent Drivers and Trends
- Major technological advancements in dentistry are one key reason behind the increased usage of dental 3D printing. From invisible aligners to advanced fabrication techniques, 3D printing has made great strides in dental care
- 3D printers have greatly helped reduce fabrication time in dental procedures. Moreover, these printers have made it possible to design implants and procedures according to patient requirements. The incorporation of 3D printing has also made dentistry workflow smoother and hassle-free
Dental 3D Printing Market: Regional Analysis
- North America is likely to be an attractive destination for dental 3D printing equipment manufacturers. A revenue share of over 35% is expected for the same. Factors that are supporting the dominance of the region in the global market are the high purchasing power of the populace, widening base of an edentulous population, availability of suitable reimbursement policies, and strong government support for quality healthcare
- Demand for dental 3D printing is also expected to incline in the Asia Pacific. The growth of the market in the Asia Pacific can be attributed to the rising commercial activities by major industry manufacturers, expanding the number of patients undergoing tooth replacement surgeries, and improving healthcare infrastructure in emerging economies.
The market for dental 3D printing is characterized by the presence of a large number of players, rendering it significantly competitive. Increasing incorporation of advanced dentistry technology is motivating key players to introduce highly sophisticated and state-of-the-art dental equipment. Some of the prominent players profiled by Transparency Market Research are as follows:
- EnvisionTEC, Inc.
- 3D Systems, Inc.
- Renishaw plc.
- SLM Solutions
- Formlabs, Inc.
- Stratasys Ltd.
- DWS S.r.l.
- Prodways Group
- Asiga, Carbon, Inc.
- DSI Ltd.
- Keystone Industries
- Zortrax S.A.
- SprintRay, Inc.
- Dentsply Sirona
- General Electric Company
- Rapid Shape GmbH
- Roland DG Corporation
Some key developments in the dental 3D printing landscape are given below:
- In March 2022, Dentsply Sirona introduced Primepoint Solution, a highly automated, end-to-end medical grade 3D printing system for dentists and dental technicians. The solution is for professionals looking to reduce handling times, easier work delegation, and maximizing productivity. Primeprint Solution enables the user to print biocompatible applications with reproducible and accurate results
- Keystone Industries collaborated with RAYSHAPE, a prominent 3D printer manufacturers in May 2023 to provide dental professionals with high-quality 3D printing solutions. As part of this partnership, Keystone’s KeyPrint 3D resins are validated on RAYSHAPE Shape 1+ series and Edge E1 printers. RAYSHAPE printers use advanced technology to produce high-resolution dental models, surgical guides, and other dental appliances
Buy this Premium Research Report | Immediate Delivery Available at https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=18005<ype=S
- Vat Photopolymerization
- Fused Deposition Modeling
- PolyJet Technology
- Selective Laser Sintering
- Others (Powder Binder Printers [PBP], stereolithography, etc.)
- Dental Implants
- Crown & Bridges
- Others (Caps, Prostheses, etc.)
- Others (Dentals Composites, Mixtures of Materials, etc.)
- Dental Clinics & Labs
- Dental Academic & Research Institutes
- Others (Hospitals, ACS, etc.)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
About Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research, a global market research company registered at Wilmington, Delaware, United States, provides custom research and consulting services. The firm scrutinizes factors shaping the dynamics of demand in various markets. The insights and perspectives on the markets evaluate opportunities in various segments. The opportunities in the segments based on source, application, demographics, sales channel, and end-use are analysed, which will determine growth in the markets over the next decade.
Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insights for thousands of decision-makers, made possible by experienced teams of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants. The proprietary data sources and various tools & techniques we use always reflect the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in all of its business reports.
Transparency Market Research Inc.
CORPORATE HEADQUARTER DOWNTOWN,
1000 N. West Street,
Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]
We are now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@TechiUpdate) and stay updated with the latest Technology headlines.
For all the latest Health News Click Here